Friday, June 23, 2006

Day two, back in Pamplona

63000 or so steps later and I´m back where I started two days ago. Pamplona. There are too many cars and too many people and I´m only too ready to be gone from the city again. There are so many people walking the camino. For both days now there have been a group of 20 or so people starting within an hour or so of each other. Then throughout the day we rest and pass each other as our feet take us. It´s a little bit too much at times passing the same person for the fourth time because I took an extra break and they didn´t. I was walking with three guys who started farther back then the other side of France, and who had been walking for more then 5 weeks already. They told me that before they crossed the Pyranees that they had only seen one female pilgrim, and that it was possible to walk entire days without seeing anyone else. It must be very odd for them to be in spain where there are soo many pilgrims.
The weather is fairly nice for walking. A bit chilly in the morning, enough for a long sleeved shirt, and then slowly building up to a decent heat during the day. About what I would expect in Michigan at this time of the year. I guess I´ll see how it changes as I get farther west into spain. My muscles are a little sore, and my pinkie toes definately have blisters, but nothing really all that bad, and it can only get better, right? :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home