missed day three... day four and ready to go
I suppose its a good thing that as I went to buy my train ticket to Pamplona this morning I decided that I was completely ready to be gone from Barcelona. I think that I'm not a huge fan of visiting cities. They are big and cool, and I loved seeing the Dali museum, and the Sacrada Familia as well as wandering around and feeling the mood of the city. But I feel this intense compulsion to keep packing things in. That if I don't go see as much as I possibly can in every minute of every day I will have somehow missed my chance. Bleh... what a load of B.S. I'm leaving tommorow morning at 7:03 AM to Pamplona, where they are in the midst of their 9 day festival that includes the running of the bulls. I'm just going to take the rest of the evening easy, maybe go down and see the picasso museum but maybe not. I'm going to need to be rested tommorow in order to avoid the crowds, and the bulls, and catch my bus to Roncesvalles.
On a different note, yesterday and this morning/eary afternoon were really good. Going to see some of Gaudi's work yesterday (which is absolutely amazing and if you don't know this architect I strongly encourage you to google him and find some pictures as I can't upload mine right now) and hanging out in parks and wandering around the city. Then this morning I went up Montjuic which is the sight of many of the 1992 olympic venues, as well as an amazing vantage point to observe and watch the bustling port facility that is obviously still very important to Barcelona's economy. Very cool.
On a different note, yesterday and this morning/eary afternoon were really good. Going to see some of Gaudi's work yesterday (which is absolutely amazing and if you don't know this architect I strongly encourage you to google him and find some pictures as I can't upload mine right now) and hanging out in parks and wandering around the city. Then this morning I went up Montjuic which is the sight of many of the 1992 olympic venues, as well as an amazing vantage point to observe and watch the bustling port facility that is obviously still very important to Barcelona's economy. Very cool.

1 Comments:
I am sooo jealous, the Dali museum!?! And you're right Gaudi is amazing, one of my favorite's from my life and cultures class. Sounds like you're having a great time!
Post a Comment
<< Home