my first day in Barcelona
So I made it to Barcelona safe and sound and have spent my first day wandering around getting oriented and trying to feel the city out. I am very grateful of the fact that I inherited some of my fathers directional sensibilities as one day of wandering seems to have been sufficient to give me a feel of where I amd in the city and I don´t really have any worries of getting lost anymore.
First impressions of Barcelona. It is bigger, quicker, more modern, and more international than Granada. English is almost always the first language that I have gotten from shop keepers and even when I reply in Spanish they still speak in English. There are even more languages being spoken on the steet than there were in Granada... if thats even possible.
The arcitecture is beautiful and I´m excited to go out and about the city. But I think that I´m going to try to go up to the Dali museum tommorow if it is open. Then maybe come back and explore the old olympic park. ¿Qien sabes?
But my time is by necesity limited because there are a lot of people in the Hostel who want to use the internet, and I fear that pictures from now on will be few and far between.
First impressions of Barcelona. It is bigger, quicker, more modern, and more international than Granada. English is almost always the first language that I have gotten from shop keepers and even when I reply in Spanish they still speak in English. There are even more languages being spoken on the steet than there were in Granada... if thats even possible.
The arcitecture is beautiful and I´m excited to go out and about the city. But I think that I´m going to try to go up to the Dali museum tommorow if it is open. Then maybe come back and explore the old olympic park. ¿Qien sabes?
But my time is by necesity limited because there are a lot of people in the Hostel who want to use the internet, and I fear that pictures from now on will be few and far between.

1 Comments:
From Guatemala to Barcelona. A definite first for me! Too bad my Spanish is so poor that I can not write you in Spanish. We are having a blast with Elena and enjoying our own little adventure. Your's sounds great and hope you continue to post your comments if not pictures.
Pueda a Dios Bendice y le mantiene como usted viaja. (I think that is right if the free translator actually works)
JOHN
Post a Comment
<< Home