Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Pamplona and heading to Roncesvalles

I am now sitting in a very nice, clean, slick internet cafe in Pamplona waiting for one more hour before my bus for Roncesvalles heads out. I am full of excitement to begin my walk tommorow. As I was sitting on the train this morning riding up to Pamplona from Barcelona I found my mind asking if I was crazy for wanting to do this... 500 miles in 30 days. Yikes. But I really have vey little but excitement for it. Too not be stuck in a city. To be able to walk across the country side and see the plains, and fields, and mountains of northern Spain. To walk through little towns, and tread steps on the same paths as over a million pilgrims before me. The questions that are now swirling through my mind are ones concerned with my feet, and with maps, and how well the basic notion of just go west will serve me :-D My brother, who is going to come walk the last part of it with me, asked me in his last e-mail if I had a book that I could recomend to him on it, or things that I would recomend bringing... Um.... Not really, I feel woefully unprepared for this and yet at the same time I don´t think I would want to begin in any other way. More or less all I know is that it´s around 500 miles, it should take me more or less 30 days, and that if I just keep following the shells, and yellow marks I´ll eventually get to Compestella de Santiago. Untill next I encouter internet. (Which at the rate I seem to find it won´t be very long :-D)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason - it has been so fun following your adventures across Spain! This next journey will be very exciting - but I do feel for your feet, already!

We are very excited, because we have a young woman from Madrid coming to visit us this summer - she arrives the 19th of July and her parents will come around August 15th. Hopefully you will be back in time to meet her (Carmela!).

Tomorrow Barry and Brianna and 44 other young people and adults are heading to Cedar Point for the day. The weather is a little "iffy" but hopefully they will have a great time.

Please check in (if you can) while you are on your walk!

Peace,
Lesa

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home