Sunday, May 21, 2006

...a beginning

Something small and random, but I'm trying to organize my e-mail in my hotmail account so that it is easier for me to delete all of the daily junk mail that I get, and I came across the first e-mail I ever recieved from the office at PCHUM. From one "Karen Sandler" with subject: "Chapel Hill United Methodist Church," Sent : Monday, October 4, 2004 12:22 PM. Right now, at this moment, I am smiling and my heart is full of warmth for one very specific group of people. People who have welcomed me in and adopted me as their friend, son, brother, cousin, nephew, grandson. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm smiling too...all the wonderful things you are experiencing (including belly dancers!!) and you are still with us, here on a Sunday! You are in our hearts, brother!

Love, Sue

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so glad she sent that email!!
On Sunday we watched a part of the nooma dvd set called "Trees" and it talked about exactly all of the things you have taught me, such as having a faith that you can apply to your life NOW, not one that puts you living this life as if you're in a waiting room for the next thing, and that you need to question and need to accept the fact that you will never have reached the point where you are satisfied with everything. After watching it, my mom and I were discussing the topics it brought up and I realized that you are really a mentor for me, and that you are DEFINITELY a big brother to my sisters and I.
We miss you and hope (more like know) you're enjoying Spain!!
~Aubrey

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home