A collection of slightly random things, and experiences

To answer your question John, yes it is here, and has one of the largest store fronts on the street. No I have not eaten there, I don't like to eat fast food, I think almost everyone who would be reading this knows that. Mostly I sit in Cafe's in Paseo de los Tristes (The Place of Sadness) which is a very beautiful plaze directly underneath the Alhambra and drink cafe, and eat many interesting dishes which are kinda familiar but very different from the food that I know.

Dave you were definately right about the coffee, it was stupid of me to want to try to stop drinking it while I am here. A normal cup of coffee from a cafe, is made with and expresso machine and has perhaps twice the volume of an expresso shot you might get at Waterstreet. Not only that but it comes with a huge package of sugar (right down my alley), and is extremely good. To say the least I had four of them in a row yesterday....
One thing that I love about Granada is that it is a wonderful city to walk in. It is quite small, and I can get from one place to almost anyother in a very short period of time. However, I would not want to drive here. All of the streets are tiny, I still haven't figured out how the traffic signals work for the motorized vehicles, and there are so many motorcycles it's crazy. Whenever there is a red light all of the motorcycles jocky for position up to the front and when it turns green it's like a big pack of dogs blasting off to get to the next light. Pretty darn funny, but extremely frightening if you happen to get caught in front of them.....

From what I understood from my host family and my teacher that is a monastery. The place that I was taking the picture from is on a hill opposite it which was perhaps a 30-45 minute walk north-east of the city. It is a very beautiful place.

To end, that is a picture of my and my Profesora, Maria del Mar. But she thinks Maria is way to catholic and just goes by Mar. She's pretty damn smart. In Spain it takes three years for the first qualification from a University and five for the second. She get the second level in four years. Pretty impressive.

2 Comments:
Yeah I knew you would not eat at the Arches. Nor would I! I'd be checking out all the Tapas bars (or are you in the wrong area of Spain). So what does one do after 4 cafes in a row? Walk? Chase motorcycles?
How about a run down of your normal day (if there is one yet)? Sounds to me like you do little studying and a lot of having fun and seeing the sights. Can you tell I'm jealous? :)
Great pictures and glad to hear you are doing well.
JOHN
Hi Jason - This is Shirley and I've never entered anything in a blog before so I have no idea whether this is working. It's great to see your pictures and read about your activities. Thanks for your efforts - it's a treat.
Lesa P. and I got back yesterday from a road trip to DC. We saw the sights (many, many sights) and loaded the van with Diane and her stuff. It was a great trip but I'm glad to be home. Can't say the same for Diane... but we're glad to have her here.
Hope your adventure continues to be great. Shirley
Post a Comment
<< Home