Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo, and I'm going to Spain... hmm..

May 5th 2006, and I'm sitting in Chicago O'Haire airport waiting for an airplane which will take me over the Atlantic to that great city of London. Once there I get to spend the entire day wandering around (most likely stuck in the airport) and then take an evening flight to Malaga Spain where my adventures will truly begin. It still hasn't sunk in that I'm going to be in a country where I can not speak the language in little over 24 hours time, or that I will be there for three months.

So far I am reveling in the experience of traveling by myself. I am free to go where I want to go, do what I want to do, and deal with all of my failures and misadventures in a manner determined completely by me. It is quite relaxing to be completely honest. I have a choice in every event that occurs to me. I can choose how to react to it, and what part of the experience to highlight without any concern of someone else's thoughts or desires.

The most ammusing part of all of my travels to me is that with all the time changes I have NO idea how long it will be until I land in Malaga. Only that it will be soon. Exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home