dia numero dos en Granda
So in 48 hours in Granada I have learned two very importan things. One do NOT board a bus that will take you to a city which you are unfamiliar with and drop you off there are 10:30 PM. Especially if you do not have a room, a bed, a tent, a bench, something to sleep on/in. Two, when your host father tells you lunch will be at 2 something, and you don't really understand the time that he said, make sure you return to the apartment before 2 so you will not miss lunch and irritate them on the first day you are staying there. But of course I am ok now, after a day with two solid meals provided by my host family, and my first class in espanol.
Since I am the only student currently at Delelgua in the level which I am at, I have the good benefit of getting to spend two hours each day in one-on-one conversation with my instructor. This is very cool, and besides the fact I have a list of like 40-60 regular verbs to review tonight, and my spanish is horrid at the moment, I can feel the potential.
On another note, jet lag is quite an interesting phenomenon. I am tired, and yet I am not, I'm curious how long it will take my body to become aclimated to the new time zone (it is like 6 hours difference). Also, I need to find an office supply store so that I can buy some index cards, and an electronics store so I can buy an interface cable. Who would have thought that the cable Kodak made for interfacing from the camera dock to the computer was different then the cable used to interface directly from the camera to the computer..... silly. On that note the camera is WONDERFUL, many thanks to my chapel hill gang for getting it for me. (Note: I'm becoming an expert at taking self portraits with interesting scenery in the background ;-P)
Since I am the only student currently at Delelgua in the level which I am at, I have the good benefit of getting to spend two hours each day in one-on-one conversation with my instructor. This is very cool, and besides the fact I have a list of like 40-60 regular verbs to review tonight, and my spanish is horrid at the moment, I can feel the potential.
On another note, jet lag is quite an interesting phenomenon. I am tired, and yet I am not, I'm curious how long it will take my body to become aclimated to the new time zone (it is like 6 hours difference). Also, I need to find an office supply store so that I can buy some index cards, and an electronics store so I can buy an interface cable. Who would have thought that the cable Kodak made for interfacing from the camera dock to the computer was different then the cable used to interface directly from the camera to the computer..... silly. On that note the camera is WONDERFUL, many thanks to my chapel hill gang for getting it for me. (Note: I'm becoming an expert at taking self portraits with interesting scenery in the background ;-P)

5 Comments:
Hey Jason!
We are enjoying reading your blog entries, keep them coming! Mom forwarded the blog site to some folks at Chapel Hill, so hopefully you'll be hearing from them as well. The one-on-one class sounds sweet, and it seems like you'll learn alot more that way. Hannah's confirmation was yesterday, she read her statement loud and proud (speaking of proud, what a sweet thing for a family to hear :)
Hopefully your host dad wasn't toooo irritated, he probably forgave you though, silly gringo.
Keep posting, and hopefully the pics will work soon too!
Love,
The Duewekes
Hey Jason.
Hope you are becoming acclimated and beginning to relax. Where did you sleep or what did you do when you arrived at 10:30 PM not knowing a word of Spanish? Did you sleep on a bus stop bench?
So what was for lunch? Burgers from McDonalds? Anything really surprise you about the experience yet? Something you never even imagined about it?
Enjoy and send some pictures so that we can live vicariously through you!
JOHN
Hey Jason!
So you sound a little more than clueless based on your blog entries, hmm? Keep them coming, they make us laugh! Though, the 1-on-1 class is a great idea, really, it makes you more fluentish in Spanish. Well, not much going on across the sea. I just started driver's ed yesterday (¡Que horror!) and physics is...well it's physics. I'll get through it, I think...Well, you better keep posting, and get those pictures loaded! We all look forward to hearing about your adventures!
Love,
Bree (and I'm sure the rest of my family too but they're not here at the moment)
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Jason,
Thanks for my first Blog experience! I'm sure to stay tuned for the rest of the journey. I can't help but wonder what effect FOUR cups of espresso rich cafe had on you.
Continued wishes for safe and entertaining (for us) adventures.
Alan, Pam, Lily, Ben, Mae, Rainey and Zoe :)
Post a Comment
<< Home